The Space UK
Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.thespace-uk.com (Site)
The Site is operated by The Space UK Limited with registered company number 10555046. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site,
- which of our office locations you use most regularly in accordance with your employment (which we will enter manually into The Space UK CRM
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies and other similar technologies
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site and which functions are most popular with users;
Some of the cookies and other similar technologies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
The types of cookies we use and what we use them for are listed below:
Essential – Allow you to navigate and use all the features provided by our Site
Functional Cookies – Enable us to remember you and preferences and information you have provided to us to give you a customised experience
Performance – Performance cookies let us collect information how about how visitors use our Site and indicate where error messages are displayed. These cookies do not collect personal information but aggregate visitor information.
Analytics – We use third parties, for example, Google Analytics, to analyse statistical information from users of The Space UK Site. This information does not include personal information although we might be able to associate such information with user accounts once we receive it from the third party. You can understand and manage Google Analytics further here https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html and here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Uses Made of Your Information
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information which you have requested from us;
- where you are a registered user of our services we will send you, information about your use of such services provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes by clicking the unsubscribe link in the communications you receive;
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners , advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies within our company group and any of our affiliates. Where necessary, we may also disclose your personal information to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site or any Applications whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of Your Information
Information that you submit via the Site will only be stored for as long as we legitimately need it or for as long as required by the law. This information is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the amount permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The Space UK
22-30 Dukes Place